Hello and welcome to our Knowledge Base. Our experts provide answers to the most frequently asked questions of our customers. Start your information search here to find your answer quickly and easily.
Please enter your query or select one of the above categories.
Knowledge Base SmartCallMonitor
Most of the time the problem here is that the operating system does not load all required components fast enough. The following steps may resolve the issue:
- Disable Windows 10 fast startup. (Hint: This setting is not available in some Windows 10 versions.)
- In the Windows Control Panel navigate through "System and Security" to "Power Options".
- Select on the left side the option "Choose what the power buttons do".
- At the top, click the link "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
- At the bottom, uncheck the box "Turn on fast boot" and save the settings with the button "Save changes".
- In the Windows Services view, change the start type of the service "SmartCallMonitorService" to "Automatic (Delayed)"..
If you want to use call monitoring with a Fritz!Box, follow these steps:
- Make sure that SmartCallMonitor can communicate with the device. On a telephone, which is connected to the Fritz!Box, dial the character string "#96*5*" (without quotation marks). This opens port 1012 on the device and enables applications to read from it. If you want to close the port again, you can use "#96*4*".
Configure the Fritz!Box in the Fritz!Box dashboard.
- Enable the setting "Home Network->Home Network Overview->Allow access for applications".
- Disable setting "Additionally confirm execution of certain settings and functions" in "System->Fritz!Box-Users->Login".
In the Fritz!Box settings make sure, that in "System->Fritz!Box-Users" the user rights are set correctly for the user that SmartCallMonitor will use to log on to the Fritz!Box. To ensure complete functionality, the following settings must be enabled for the user:
- Enable access from the internet
- Fritz!Box Settings
- Voice Messages, Fax Messages, Fritz!App Fon and Call Log
- Smart Home
- Start SmartCallMonitor.
Enter the network address of the device in "Tools->Settings->Telephony->AVM Fritz!Box".
- Hint: For the most configurations it suffices to enter "fritz.box" in the "Server" field. Otherwise you can find the IP address in the Fritz!Box user interface in "Home Network->Network".
- Enter user name and password of a Fritz!Box user profile, that has the user rights mentioned in step 2.
- Configure lines in SmartCallMonitor.
- Use the button "Configure Lines...". A dialog appears where you can map the phone devices to their outgoing phone numbers.
- This mapping must be done exactly as it is configured in the Fritz!Box menu in "Telephony->Telephony Devices". There you will find all the devices with their outgoing phone number.
- If there is no outgoing number shown for a device, the Fritz!Box automatically uses the outgoing number for this device, that is configured in the "Telephony->Phone Numbers->Outgoing Number" menu.
- Hint: This step only is necessary, if you want to start calls directly from SmartCallMonitor.
- If you have configured the lines as described in step 6 and applied the configuration, you can select the default outgoing line in the SmartCallMonitor settings dialog. This line will be selected automatically on each application startup.
- On confirming the settings a connection is established with the device.
If phone numbers are identified with a wrong prefix, this is caused by wrong TAPI settings in SmartCallMonitor. Please make sure that prefix settings in "Tools->Settings->Telephony->TAPI" are correct.
If you need to dial a 0 for external calls, SmartCallMonitor must remove it from outgoing and incoming calls before contact lookup. Therefore th settings "Remove prefix from incoming calls" and "Remove prefix from outgoing calls" must be set to 0.
The problem may be solved by restarting "SmartCallMonitorService".
- Open Windows "Services" panel (e.g. by entering "Services" in Windows start menu)
- Navigate to the service "SmartCallMonitorService".
- Right-click the service entry, select "Restart" in the context menu.
JAM Software GmbH
Am Wissenschaftspark 26
Commercial register number:
HRB 4920 (AG Wittlich)