TAPI line disappears after system reboot
Question / Problem
I have configured a TAPI line and it worked. But after a system reboot the line has disappeared or is deactivated.
Answer / Solution
Most of the time the problem here is that the operating system does not load all required components fast enough. The following steps may resolve the issue:
- Disable Windows 10 fast startup. (Hint: This setting is not available in some Windows 10 versions.)
- In the Windows Control Panel navigate through "System and Security" to "Power Options".
- Select on the left side the option "Choose what the power buttons do".
- At the top, click the link "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
- At the bottom, uncheck the box "Turn on fast boot" and save the settings with the button "Save changes".
- In the Windows Services view, change the start type of the service "SmartCallMonitorService" to "Automatic (Delayed)"..