For security reasons, the Windows Api used only allows a user to log on from a trusted domain (Trust). Otherwise the login attempt fails. Please make sure that the domain of the user you want to use to perform the scan belongs to a trusted domain.
You can use the OLE automation interface of the SpaceObServer Enterprise Version for this purpose. A sample script that exports the "History" graph and sends it via email can be found in the "Demos" subfolder of the SpaceObServer installation directory ("SendHistoryDemo.vbs"). >For further information please refer to the SpaceObServer help.
Please check the following settings of your MS SQL Server to ensure that remote connections are allowed:
1. Open the "SQL Server Configuration Manager" ("Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Configuration Tools"), select "SQL Server Network Configuration" and ensure that the protocol "TCP/IP" is activated.
2. Check your Windows Firewall to ensure that the port used by the SQL Server for TCP/IP is not blocked.
3. Open the "SQL Server Configuration Manager", select "SQL Server Services" and ensure that the "SQL Server Browser" is started and the "start mode" is set to "Automatic".
4. Open the "SQL Server Management Studio" ("Programs > Microsoft SQL Server"), connect to your SQL Server, select "Properties" in the context menu of your SQL Server instance, select the page "Connections" and ensure on that the option "Allow remote connections to this server" is activated.
5. Restart your SQL Server in case you had to change any of its configurations (Step 1. or 4.).
If you want to use the SQL server database for data storage, your computer has to be connected to a server, where a SQL Server database is running, or a SQL server database is running on your local machine. Also, you need a valid account (username and password) for the database access. Please note that we offer SpaceObServer in combination with "Microsoft SQL Server Standard, incl. 1 CAL, Runtime License" for a very reasonable price. There are several free Express Editions of popular SQL servers that are supported by SpaceObServer (MS SQL Server Express, Oracle XE,...). You can download a Microsoft SQL Server Express for free, from within the "Database" tab of the Options dialog. Anyway, these Express Editions are limited in some values (max. database size, number of CPUs/cores, used RAM) so we recomend using a "real" MS SQL server at least the Standard Edition.