Hello and welcome to our Knowledge Base. Our experts provide answers to the most frequently asked questions of our customers. Start your information search here to find your answer quickly and easily.
Please enter your query or select one of the above categories.
To reinstall the service there are two options:
- Re-install ServerSentinel. During the installation, you should be asked to choose a user for the service. If this page does not occur, the service is damaged and must be uninstalled first. Follow the instruction from 2. to do this.
- You can install the service manually by executing ServerSentinel.Service.exe /install on the command line. The file is located in the installation directory in the sub-directory "bin. A dialog should open, where you can choose the user for the service. If the dialog does not open, the service is damaged and must be uninstalled first. In this case execute first ServerSentinel.Service.exe /uninstall and then install it again.
This is a bug in the provider. To avoid it, you have several options:
- Go in the dialog to the 'All' tab and set the option 'Persist Security Info' to true. Afterwards the password should be saved.
- Extend the connection string manually with the parameter 'Password=********;'.
- Use instead of user name/password the integrated Windows security.
- Use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server instead which does not have this problem.
In the case that VDS is not supported check the manufacturer-specific management software if SNMP is supported and use the SNMP Request Sensor to query the specific OIDs.