Question / Problem
Previews of a certain file type are not displayed correctly. What's wrong?
Answer / Solution
ShellBrowser uses registered preview handler shell extensions for the FilePreview component. Some of these extensions belong to Windows, others are installed with third party applications.
If the FilePreview is not working, please check the following list:
- Does Windows Explorer preview the files correctly? If no, there is either no preview handler installed, or it is not working correctly. Try updating the respective program.
- If the problem occurs in a x86 application, please try compiling a 64-bit version.
- The FilePreview component works asynchronously. Depending on the context (versions of Windows, Rad Studio and the PreviewHandler, but also the layout of the form containing the Preview) some Preview Handler may not work or show visual glitches.
Try forcing the loading of the preview into the main thread, by implementing the OnLoadPreview event of the Preview.
- If all of this fails, don't hesitate to contact the support. In this case, please provide details on the error: versions of Windows, the IDE and the program that provides the PreviewHandler.
Known issues concerning commonly used Preview Handlers:
* The Microsoft Excel preview handler will not show files having an uppercase file extension ("Sample.XLSX")
* The Adobe Acrobat preview handler will not display files containing a hashtag ("Sample#1.pdf")